MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a post-graduation course. This means a student who has done his graduation is only eligible for this course. MBA is a good career option for Indian students as well as for abroad students. MBA course has some unique features which make it different from other courses. Here are some related facts –
- Students from different streams be it science, commerce or arts, everyone can pursue it. When students from different streams meet, wonders happen by knowledge sharing.
- In India MBA is also considered equivalent to PGDM(Post graduation Diploma in Management). Many good institutes give PGDM degree but that does not matter much.
- Some institutes have 1 year PGDM/MBA programme while majority have 2 year course.
- MBA/PGDM can be pursued full time or in online mode where one has to give exams only to get the degree. Full time MBA/PGDM has a far more value than distance one in corporates.
- 1 year course is executive MBA which is mostly for experienced persons. Its eligibility requires one to have a certain minimum experience.
- The basic eligibility criteria for the course is, any graduation in any field from any recognised university
- Most of the institutes have the minimum percentage criteria in Graduation which is 60 percentage average marks. For Reserved category students, the minimum score in 45 percentage. It still depends on college to college.
- Final-year Graduation candidates can also, apply with the condition that they would provide their college degree within the stipulated time after their graduation.
Popular MBA Specializations
The majority of good colleges do not provide specialisation at first. In the second year of college, students can take subjects of their interest in any domain mentioned below so as to make a career in that area. Still, in some colleges, one has to choose a specialisation before starting their course. The popular specialisations are given below.
Top MBA colleges in India
Here are the top 10 government colleges in India which every student should dream of. These are listed by NIRF rankings given by the government of India
|IIM Ahmedabad (IIMA)||23||1|
CAT is no doubt the most important exam that is given for admissions into top-level colleges including IIMs. Some other exams are also taken by students in order to get some other good colleges. All the exams which are to be taken for getting entrance into a good college are listed below.
You can prepare for MBA exams and interviews through our website. For any questions, you can comment below and we will try to answer your query soon.
If you want new such articles directly into your inbox subscribe in the box below. Do not forget to confirm via your email.